Sunday 9 September 2012

A busy weekend at a Glance...

So stoked... Melody and I got to do our 11km trailrun on Saturday from Silvermine Nature Reserve to Tokai Forest.  It wasn't easy... but mentally we had real breakthrough.  It was a perfect Cape Town Spring day.  Digz and all the kids spent the morning at the Tokai Market while they waited for us to arrive.  It was great way to spend our Saturday morning... out and about and active.  We have booked to run the Cape Gun Run in October - so training is on the cards for the next few weeks...

When we finished our run, we ambled through the Flee Market and met a delightful young artist called Ferne.  She handmade and printed these lovely "CapeStyle" skirts.  It was love at first sight.  She also allowed us to leave with our skirts without paying for them.  We had no money on us because of our run.  I love meeting people that are this generous and trusting in spirit.  What a find.  I am hoping to shoot back to Ferne to find some more lovely designs. 




I am making progress with my Mother Daughter Love painting.  I am still loving this piece so much.  Both their dresses are on and I am slowly building up the layers of skin.  The clocks behind symobilized that time is running out... before my beautiful teenager is a woman in her own right who will be making all her own choices, driving her own car and living her own life.  I am acutely aware that we have such precious moments left to make the most of each moment we have together.

I am slowly working through my tutorials on OpenStudioWorkshop.  Today I worked with Charcoal.  A complete first for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I am surprised and delighted with each new face finding it's way onto my pages.  After much drawing and playing today we popped out to meet my brother and his wife for dinner to celebrate on the eve of their baby being born...

No comments:

Post a Comment