Saturday 1 September 2012

News Flashes...

This Tuesday, 16 years ago was the day that Digz and I got engaged in Edinburgh, Scotland. I found this old photo of us minutes after the delicate little ring was slipped onto my finger... Wow I still can't believe how young we look... just kids. We have never really observe this special day so it was delightful to remember it this year.  It's a beautiful story how after a year of writing to each other, Digz came out to the UK to propose.  It was special sharing it with the girls!

There is one thing we both enjoy - our coffee dates.  And it looks like we have finally found "our" place to sneak in after the school drop. It's something we started doing a few years ago because the girls get dropped off early, so we often have an hour to kill and nothing better than quality time over coffee while we wait for the traffic to subside. We accidently went down the "wrong" street this week and ended up finding this great place.
This week was Kitty's Grandparents day at school. She was so excited for Nana to come through.  Kitty absolutely loves these special occasions and it was by far the highlight of her week.  She gave Nana the tour of her classroom and was very proud to show off her happy school and introduce Nana to her lovely teacher.  The kids all sang to their granparents and all made them something special.  Sweet day all round.

After much delaying and doing everything else other than getting started on the drawing module of my online course, OpenStudioWorkshop - I finally faced myself last night and today and started doing my 1st bunch of assignments.  I handmade my 1st coptic bound journal, wrote my "I am here" poem and started drawing.  I managed to do a total of 4 drawings.  I am so delighted to finally have broken through my fears and really excited to keep moving forward.

After doing nothing but art all day - it was time to get out. The late afternoon sun was still peeking out and I knew I could still grab a short run. I haven't run for about a month now… so I have actually been chomping at the bit to get going again. I encouraged Kitty to come out with me too. We ended up running almost 5km's together. We had the best fun.  Considering I hadn't run for almost a month, I felt great. It's still chilly but it was worth it to not only get some quality time with my babes but also to get some fresh air.


It's the 1st September and it's officially SpringDay today but it's still so cold. I am happy to say that the sun did come out a little bit this morning and evening but not for long. It is still so bitterly cold and we are still warding off cold fronts after cold fronts. Kitty and I stumbled upon this blossomed daisy when we were running... a promise that Spring and Summer is on its way.  Living in hope.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely happy post - with so much to be grateful for! TFS

    ReplyDelete