Wednesday 14 November 2012

Life in general....

I am not sure why exactly, but it has taken me a full month to find my feet after Italy.  My energy levels were at an all time low, getting out of bed was a struggle.  Probably had a lot to do with the late night painting sessions in the studio in Italy and the full schedule and also the traveling took it's toll.  Nevermind nervous energy.  But I am happy to say I am finally feel like I am back on track.  I have slowly got back into my training regime and also trying to get back into my painting / art regime. 

Before Italy, I was doing something art wise every day.  I wouldn't say I am back there yet but getting there.  I had started so many wonderful things in Italy and I have been slowly finishing those pieces.  I have so many things in mind that I want to start doing and I am also trying {unsuccessfully - I might add} to get back into my class #openstudioworkshop.  Not because I haven't wanted to but because I have been playing catch up and this weekend past I had no internet connectivity.  I was pulling my hair out... That being said - I did use the "down" time to put together my art journal that Misty gave us in Orveito.  And I am totally in love with it.  I have put photo's in, pieces of art, little stories and keepsakes from Italy.  And it's visually gorgeous.

 


It's officially summer here and we finally hit the surf again this weekend and it's honestly the highlight of our week.  As a family, it is a beautiful place for us to connect...  Digs and Corks ride their surfboards together and Kitty and I bodyboard together.  She's seriously my surfing buddy and with her being a year older, a bit stronger and taller - her abilities in the water have improved which means she's now able to get to the backline with me and we caught some awesome waves together.  I love the ocean and I don't take these precious moments for granted, not one bit.


I am super excited because last week I have found a new art shop, with a good enough stock and priced competitively.  I will be supporting them from now on.  I got a bit carried away and bought some new brushes and some new oils.  Can't wait to start playing again.  I am still working on my fresco so these will certainly come in handy!!!  Buying art supplies always makes my heart happy!

2 comments:

  1. It's all good. Just had to say that I had the same fatigue after returning. I think my energy came back a little faster but I'm still not creating art as I will be soon. Miss you. Oh yes, I too have purchased new brushes. I love brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too my friend. It's interesting hey - that our energy was so affect. Can't wait to see what you do in your studio... Did you get my message on Esty?

    I am glad I am not the only one who loves brushes. Well all art supplies in general. He He.

    ReplyDelete