Thursday 15 November 2012

Stargardener's Guest Post...

Wow - yesterday my sweet friend Teresa Robinson {aka Stargardener aka The Art Journaler} who I discovered on Instagram this year and follow on Facebook, featured me as a Guest on her website called "Her Story"... Stargardener.com

I was not only so touched be this incredible gesture to some of the work, art and blogging I have done this year but also so incredibly touched by the compilation of her work.  Teresa took pieces I have written on my different blogs and some letters we shared together and created a beautiful story... A portrait of how she sees me and this journey I have been on this year.  A gift she has, for sure, of painting a picture through one's words.  I found this so powerful and profound when she joined my pieces together.  In many ways - it completely surprised me.  You are a storyteller, my friend!!
The thought of being able to inspire and encourage anyone through our art and words is so deeply personal to me, it is such a gift.  I think it's one of the greatest things we can give each other... because in so many ways - it breathes life and hope into our souls.  {Teresa and what she does online - has without a doubt been this to me this year.  She is a beautiful and kind and gifted artist with a deep wisdom and ability with words.  She has the most incredible heart and capacity for what she does in difficult circumstances but never ceases to amaze me with all she does.  I love seeing wisdom in action and Teresa not only talks it but walks it and completely lives it!  Authenticity at it's best!}
I know that I have found such incredible inspiration online this year from some very special people and incredible artists from all over the world who have added to my life and journey, some of whom I have been fortunate to have met in person.  It is a special community.  I love that when we choose to be {brave} and dare to risk, dare to step out the door, dare to open our hearts to new possibilities, new friends and the unknown - we discover a whole new life, full of adventure and full of beautiful people = changed heARTS forever!
I am so grateful today for the amazing people I have met online this year!! {and in person}

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ms. Flowrs (I didn't see your name on the side).
    I found you from instagram, I am Denise (denni 18). I love your artwork and your blog. I was reading that you are taking Misty Mawn's class. I also want to take this class. It's seems like a lot to take on in such a short amount of time (it ending in January and all). How are you finding it?

    Your story is a lot like mine. Except that I'm 49 going on 50! Yikes! But just two years ago I decided to do art as much as I can. To really become an artist and practice most days. It has been life changing for me. So wonderful to finally accept who I really am, an artist. It's been a long journey getting here. Very satisfying to step into a world that fits so well.

    I love your icon pieces. I too have been making them lately. I'm trying to make a series of them. You have a beautiful style that I admire very much.

    I'm so thrilled to see your photos of South Africa. A place that I've always wanted to go. It looks magical. The photos above came out really well. I love the canvas look to it.
    The online community is wonderful and I feel that blogging has been an incredible journey as well.

    Hope to see more photos from you on instagram.
    Cheers!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Denise,
      Thank you for your beautiful note and lovely words.
      I think it would totally be worth your while to do OpenStudioWorkshop, as far as I know - it's open until April. It will be intensive but worth it. I am hoping to do the bulk of my work over December as I will have more down time then. Look forward to see how you go! I say go for it!

      I am so glad to be following each other on Instagram. Interestingly, I am finding more and more people who have walked a similar journey to ours. So awesome that you have found the real you! I say it's just never too late!

      I live in such a beautiful part of the world. And I am seriously grateful everyday! Every morning I get to look up on the mountain and take in her beauty! Cape Town is a very special place. I hope you will visit it one day!

      Thanks for connecting and hope to connect soon.
      Happy long hours of painting!
      Jeanne-Marie aka Ms Flowrs

      Delete