Tuesday 19 February 2013

A little bit of this and a little bit of that...

All I can say, as wonderful as they have been, I am so grateful that the birthday celebrations are behind us... We are all celebrated out... not to mention a tad bit exhausted.  We are ready to move on to normalcy.

After 18 months without a dishwasher, I finally got my shiny new one this week... and already there has been a huge load lifted off my shoulders.  Literally.  For me a clean kitchen = all is right with the world.

I have been missing my time in the studio because life, a headcold and birthday celebrations have been keeping me very busy, come last week I was having serious withdrawals... I have been keeping up with watching my weekly tutorials but not with all of my homework... although, I did managed to do quite a bit in spite of everything...  did 2 faces in softpastels, put together 2 collage backgrounds, 2 collage ladies and 1 written assignment.  I also managed to bake Misty's bread 3 times and make her amazing chocolate pudding.  Not to bad!

Abstract Chalk Drawing... using magazine elements and work around it...
I need to finish her dress and background... but I actually really enjoyed this.
Chalk is quite satisfying... because it's quick and fun to work with

My first collage since I was in Italy... and even then,
my collages there weren't that successful.
But I feel like I really had breakthrough here.
I had the right tools, and watching the tutorials
I had a better idea how to do this...
I have some chalk colors to put down in the background,
but otherwise, I am delighted!


Another Collage in my ArtJournal.  I had this face, that I found in Italy
and I knew I wanted to do another collage straight away...
she just came together so nicely too.
I decided to use her for my written assignment, "less is more".
This piece is finished and I have to say...
I think I might be a little addicted to this wonderful creative play!
I hope to do many more that tell beautiful stories...

I love that piece of ephermia that's on her chest ...

"Mother Love is the fuel that Enables"

No comments:

Post a Comment