Monday 4 February 2013

Off to a better start this week...

It's my birthday and I can cry if I want to... it's my BIG 4.0. birthday this week and today when I was out running, I realized that I'm not one of the young girls in my running bunch... I'm one of the old gals... OUCH! How did it come to this...  But I have to say, I am super excited for my birthday! My hubby and the girls are spoiling me big big time this year!!! Not sure I deserve more spoils after my Italy spoil, but hey it's a special birthday!  So I'm rolling with it!

Week 2 Tutorials were off the charts which is leading me bravely to new creative play with new things I have never heard of or seen before... like ScratchBoarding and Sgraffito and I'm kind of beside myself.  Misty is a wealth of information and man alive, I got home from finding these small items with much excitement in my belly... I can't wait to play!!!  I am sure I will mess up and make a mess of things but I'm strangely okay with that... I know where to find these items if I do and they weren't too expensive and it's released something in me to learn freely and to play freely!

This is my 3rd week with my local group of runners, and I am thrilled.  I had a tough run this morning but I am loving the challenge.  I am pushing myself, it hasn't been a breeze on any level.  On all three days that we run, there are major hills for the first half of the run, making for long slow endurance running.  I am still working on my base fitness, consistency being my primary objective and holding off the speed-work for now. This week I will consider adding another day of running to my regime... a 2 hour trail run over the weekend!  Hope I will manage...

On this positive note - have a great week further.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! The 4.0 isn't that bad, actually the best so far ;)
    also been playing with all the new art supply... but i've fallen a bit behind and feeling slightly overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - everyone tells me 40's are the best. I'm hanging onto that.

      I have too but I am keeping up to date with watching the tutorials. I know I will keep going back...

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday, my friend! You are a gorgeous, wonderful 40, and give me hope for my own 40. All my 40s friends rock...I think 40 is the new 30. Anyway, hope it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Beth!!!! Just keep telling me that. I had a great day. The week was a bit insane and looking forward to this week... hope you are doing well!

      Delete