Sunday 25 October 2015

Empathy vs Sympathy...

Empathy vs Sympathy - Brene Brown

I saw this today... and I was blown away by it's profound simplicity.

In light of the year we are having and the losses we have encountered this year alone...
I would like to think I know the difference between empathy and sympathy - but when there is so much pain, esp a pain I'm finding hard to truly grasp the depth of because I haven't endured that level of loss, therefore probably not that level of pain either.  I feel completely inadequate and although I'm not a fan of platitudes, at all - it's been a challenge to know what to say or how to be.

"We aren't going to do empathy perfectly every time."
This was a simple reminder - that we don't have all the answers, if any at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment