Wednesday 29 August 2012

An artists date in a little French town...

A friend warned me that I should write-off August because the weather is bad.  Really bad.  I didn't know she was serious but I think she was spot on.  I feel like I have been trapped for the whole month.  And I have cabin fever.  So today we planned a little road trip to Franschoek which if directly translated means French Corner.  And a sweet little French Corner it is.  The touristy shops are beautiful but completely over priced but shopping wasn't the order of the day... meeting together for coffee and a breakfast in a little French Cafe was... plus we really only had a couple of hours to play with before real life kicked in again.
The weather as August would have it, was still mizzy which didn't make for brilliant photography but it was just perfect for cuddling in the Cafe witha  little fire going and chatting about love, life and everything arty.  It was a beautiful morning... and quite frankly just what I needed.  Thanks lovely ladies for a morning well spent!





No comments:

Post a Comment