Sunday 15 September 2013

#InMyStudio... Finishing pieces!

Hahaha - How many times has this been my title for a blog!  But seriously!  I think this might be the first time that my easel is free of unfinished pieces!  Feeling so chuffed with myself!  My easel is clear, my ironing all done and most of my work and admin is up to date!  So is my household obligations!  It's a great feeling to end off the weekend in this place!


Here is sharing what I did this weekend... art wise!


Wow - I feel quite freaked out by this piece!
Just because it shows my growth so evidently from one piece to the other!
It's kind of humbling.  The hard part for me is when I did the first piece, I couldn't see it!
See that flatness, see the bad proportions.  At times I feel quite embarrassed by this fact!
I guess that's the real growth for me!  Now being able to see it!

I original did this piece around the end of February on the FacetoFaceWorkshop!
For the first part of the year I did start to notice that my faces were one dimensional!
Perfect and neat but seriously lacking depth!

Literally for months, every face I saw that I admired, I studied it to see how I could grow and challenge myself to dig deeper.
A while back I noticed her neck was too thin and she was lacking shoulders.
I had also considered making her halo run off the page!
I had used that technique in a previous painting and I just loved it!
To me... just adding these three things, changed this painting completely!
She moved from being quite animated to more warm and womanly! 
Which is really what I wanted to capture in the Madonna!

In a way - I love going back to some of my early work and reworking them... saving them!

Every now and again - I wonder what and why I'm doing this!
Today I was reminded why I do!  I fell in love with painting all over again!
Happiness = me with my paintbrush!

I guess it's in the small things!  And I can totally live with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment