Thursday 19 September 2013

#InMyStudio - In remembrance of Rembrandt van Rijn

The other day when I was searching for something on Google - the little Google icon had an artistic image in celebration of Rembrandt van Rijn's birthday!  I clicked on Google Images to see some of his work and read up about him!  And I loved what I saw and read!  I found this wonderful image and thought it would be wonderful to paint in my DiaryofFaces in tribute to his birthday!  The other thing I discovered is that the Man with the Golden Helmet was a painting in my childhood home for as long as I can remember... was in fact one of his works.  I have asked my Mom for it... One day when she's ready to pass it along!  I might still do a version of it in my Diary!  This lovely lady was a pure joy to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment