Tuesday 3 December 2013

#InMyStudio - Painting Hands...

I have been so challenged at the concept of painting hands and trying to include them in my paintings.  I went through a stage when I did try include hands, they would end up with 6 fingers... don't ask me why.  It's what my mind wanted to do and without fail and on a subconscious level - 6 fingers would appear!

It's been my nemesis this year.  But I'm determined to push through and learn.  A while ago, I found a good image of hands in a magazine and I painted over them.  Funny enough - it worked well and I think it's a wonderful way to learn how to paint hands.

I painted this gorgeous girl this week.  I chose this reference because of the hands.  Tad overwhelming.  My reference picture was in black and white which was tough going but I guess in many ways it helped me find my lights and shadows.  And I have to say I'm thrilled with these hands, they aren't perfect but I know it's a good start!  As for those flowrs... harder than you think!  But also happy with them!  Mini-breakthroughs.


No comments:

Post a Comment