Wednesday 4 December 2013

#InMyStudio... "When the Swallows fly..."

I found this image of Barbara Streisand a while back because for years now I've been saying in some ways my Kitty girl looks a little like her.  By the way, I think Babs is absolutely gorgeous!  I'm not the only one that sees this in Kitty!  Some of her friends at school have also said it.  This is one of my favorite images of Barbara.  I hadn't planned on using it for anything!  It's just been lying on my desk for ages now...

And I guess every time I walked past her - she was calling out to me.  So I stuck her down... and the rest started to come!

In most of the faces I use in my collages or as references - I usually loose the face, but I guess in many ways I wanted to hang onto the strength of this incredible face and also because I see so much of my daughter in this piece.


I was sorting out all my ephemera box which always leads me to create.  So playing and putting this piece together, if nothing else was so therapeutic.  I love the depth of this third image to bits!!  I've called this piece... "When the Swallows fly low... the Rain will come"  There is a story behind this title.  It feels prophetic in many ways but it's also glimpses of my childhood!

She's starting to come together.  I still have much to do on this piece.
I've already been working on this for a few days and I can't wait to still dig a little deeper!


No comments:

Post a Comment