Friday 27 December 2013

Sleepy hollow....

I've been very quiet on all fronts... #InMyStudio especially.
And on all my social medias.  I'm on holiday but mainly...
for no other reason other than that I've been completely exhausted.
I worked right until the bitter end (December being our cultures yearly shutdown and holidays)
And Christmas shopping and school shopping was a mad-rush!
I feel like I hit Christmas head on, at the back of a heavy year... which has left me completely depleted.
I haven't been able to do anything but sleep... And sleep. And sleep.
I woke up on Christmas morning and shared beautiful tender moments with my sweet family.
And went back to bed.  Got up and went to family for Christmas dinner.
Came home to sleep.  Boxing day was literally just spent sleeping.
And today I got up to spend the morning with my girls and my niece and nephew in the forest.
All I could do was lie on a mat under the trees, I got home and slept some more.
This afternoon we spent the day on the beach and guess what - I'm now off to sleep.


I suppose I have some things to work on or I might just scrap them all and just start over...  I have this painting to finish and I've been thinking about some background ideas.  This evening, I managed to put down some ephemera on this piece, so maybe a background will come together.  I am also trying to rescue another piece I did in the middle of the year, but I might just abandon that as a bad idea.  I have schedule some studio time tomorrow morning because I'm missing it lots.  If I get it right I might finish some pieces in my diary of faces... I would like to get through most of that before some of my new courses start!  I guess I'm not stressing too much because I will have much work ahead of me when my courses start this year.  Just rolling with this downtime... whatever it may mean.

But for tonight... I'm off to bed.
Goodnight!

4 comments:

  1. How I understand exactly what you mean. Take care of yourself!! Your painting is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - you take care of yourself too. Hope you find sometime to rest up and be restored for the new year!

      Delete
  2. hope you are feeling better sweetie! i had friends down for a long weekend and we slept 11 hrs straight last night...but you sound like you really needed a bit of a shut down. hoping for a happy and healthy and artful new year to you. xo kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly - you too... here is trusting 2014 will increase with beauty for you! I know you have some wonderful things planned for next year... sending love.

      Delete