Sunday 9 August 2015

Weekend escapades and then some...

So our post remains an issue...
I read a report in the Business Day that the situation won't be improving anytime soon.
And although I am managing to get pieces out, if I register or courier them.  It's getting packages in thats the real issue.  I did managed to get this package in from the USA.  But I believe my dear friend Renee couriered it through UPS.  I'm so grateful for her beautiful package.  It also included a sweet gift from my dear friend Jenny, including Lorraine's memorial card from her funeral.
I feel so touched to have this piece... which is up #inmystudio
Thank you Renee and Jenny!


We got to spend some one on one quality time together.
Waiting in queues at home affairs and applying for this one's identity docs.
No complaints from me - she's pretty awesome to hang with!

We finished earlier than expected so we headed to our fav coffee shop.
For coffee and coffeeshop doodles and chatting, of course.
Then we headed into Woodstock to scout out these arty shops, reclaimed wood shops.
And pretty much just amble around together.

I'm in love... I spotted a few must haves...
One day... <3


After we had enough of Woodstock... we headed into the City.
To look down Long Street and head into the very trendy Bree Street.
We stopped at the Culture Club because they stock my mom's cheese and yoghurts.
And we stayed for lunch, pictures and more chatting.
I'm always looking for cow milk alternatives.  I found Buffalo milk which makes a pretty nice cappuccino and found Sheep's yoghurt and my mom's beautiful Goat's cheese.
I'm a happy girl.


We had a half an hour to kill while waiting for our Kitty girl.
So we dashed into the forest for a photoshoot.
It was a perfect day!  Weather-wise and company wise. 
Love tanks and creative love takes filled to the brim.
After we collected the Kitty girl - she wanted to head home for much needed couch time.
We all took in 2 good movies together - happy Friday indeed.

~

We had made plans with friends of ours for a pretty much unplanned trip to the coast for one night.  Time was tight but once we got there - there was definitely the feeling that time was standing still for a bit.  I'm so glad we decided to join them, we knew it would be a stretch but the little breather in amongst the chaos was more than needed.

The trip down... was breathtaking all the way.

I can't tell you enough how much I adore this girl!


As soon as we arrived - we headed out for a glorious walk on the beach.
It was cold but stunning!

Beautiful teenagers all the way.
I couldn't think of a more stunning bunch of girls.

Buddies - collecting shells and connecting.
Watching the sun go down - was glorious.

We headed up to the house in the dark.
Shared a lovely dinner together and chatted until bedtime.


The next morning the cyclists headed out into Kogelberg for a loooong ride.
And the rest of us headed out for a long walk on the beach.
The two shell pickers picked up more shells and we chatted deeply for 3 hours.
I love long walks on the beach.
To me, they heal deeply.  And bring a gentle restoration.

Winter beach walks hold it's own incredible beauty.
I'm so grateful for this delightful interlude we had this weekend.
Not only for the beauty of this place, but connecting with friends.
Thank you so much #sograteful

As was coming in, going home was equally as beautiful.
A visually beautiful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment