Friday 17 August 2012

Meet Victoria...


This piece wasn't easy for me... I thought I had lost my mojo but I think it was because I actually wasn't well. So I just took my time working through it... And I am so happy with how she ended up. She's incredibly soft and serene. A little regal and a little old fashioned. Her collar is 3D and lace that I got from my gran, so it's kind of special.  This was a commission for a friend of mine in Johannesburg, as soon the painting is dry, she will be shipped. Hoping for next week sometime.  I sent the images through to Charmaine this morning {on her birthday} and she asked me to name her. After some consulting with my family, who always help me name all my #thisismygirltoday girls - we all settled on Victoria... which I think really suits her regal and vintage look.

2 comments:

  1. Both AnnaBeth and Victoria as simply beautiful I am so glad to see you painting so prolificly again! INspiring stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. Its been great painting again.

      Delete