Tuesday 28 August 2012

My beautiful gals...

I realised this past week that I haven't taken any personal pics for the past couple of months.  Partly because I have been distracted with all things art, work and traveling and partly because I am aware that as my girls are getting older, they too need a level of privacy.  But a lot of people haven't seen us this year yet and it was time for an update.  Their growth and maturing has been rather large this year.  Corks is almost 14 and she's just about as tall as me now and is completely diving into my closet and loving having access to all my clothes, shoes and handbags.  I don't mind at all - it's kind of special.  And on some level assures me that my dress sense can't be all that bad.  As for my Kitty girl - she's heading towards 12 and is lovely as ever.  She's honestly having one of the most incredible years of her life.  Seeing my girls happy this year has been a great source of joy to me and being a mother to these amazing young ladies has been one of the most incredible journeys of my life.  At times I am afraid at how fast time is passing us by and I cherish these stolen moments I get with them.

This weekend we braved the mizzy weather to watch my sister finish an insane 77km trail race through Cape Town.  It was so inspiring and has got my juices flowing again to get my running shoes back on, rain or shine and start hitting the paths again.

2 comments:

  1. You and your girls are lovely! I so enjoy hearing positive stories about being a mom to teenagers -- so often all I hear are the horror stories about how teens are rotten, but they're not! Makes me excited for when my kid(s) becomes a teen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth - it's so true. They don't have to be rotten. Luckily for me the girls have an amazing cousin who is their role-model who is just under 20 years now. She's been a shining example of how to do teenager years with such beauty and grace. I am honored to have her part of our lives. Just trusting for good things for their lives.

    ReplyDelete