Sunday 5 August 2012

Mini Mixed Media Worshop with LGN






What an awesome arty Friday and just what the doctor ordered.  I am not sure why I haven't really painted since my Fairy Painting but it might have something to do with the fact that I have been a bit overwhelmed with everything that has happened this past month.  It's been a tad bit huge!  But a bit of play therapy never hurt anyone and it certainly didn't hurt me today.  I had such fun!  Was I pushed out of my comfort zones - completely!  When my buddy Mel started tearing paper to put on her canvas - I almost fainted.  I never tear my papers but it was actually OK!  For the life of me I don't know why I am so uptight.  But Mel knows I hate this aspect of myself so she was happy to "kick my ask" {just kidding} gentle pushed me out of my comfort zones to be more free and it was WONDERFUL!  The words I chose for this piece was "She let her inner artist explore" and boy did I.  It was so good for me.  Seriously good for me.  It feels like I took my artist on a play date and she had the best time!  Thanks Mel aka {LGN} - you were medicine for my inner artist!

The play therapy helped me to start one of my commissions and work on another painting I am experiementing with and I did my 1st Project#40 Art Journal spread {my darlings got to journal with me too which is always a treat}.  I also managed to see family this weekend and help my SIL to start her own website and I got to finish all my tasks around the home and be ready for my week ahead.

All in all it's been a brilliant weekend and I am totally encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment