Monday 20 August 2012

Mother Daughter Love...

I had a fairly big canvas to play with and I knew that I wanted to do a painting with two girls... I started playing with the idea of doing a Mother Daughter canvas.  When I drew up this design, I was happy to see that my girls naturally came out as one looking like a Mother and the other smaller, looking like her daughter.  I was also working on some new hair styles.

I have been so excited about this design.  When I got back from the office today, I didn't waste anytime - I got painting straight away.  As you can see from my this picture, my proportions were all out.  My eyes were too high, the shape of the faces were a bit off.  But the more I worked on it, the more I was able to pull it back into proportion.  I am really delighted where I ended off tonight after my first layers... tomorrow I will work on the eyes and mouths.  #Delightedwiththispiece



1 comment:

  1. so lovely. I like the expressions, and love the hair!

    ReplyDelete