Thursday 2 May 2013

#InMyStudio - Bathsheba is finally finished!



I started this piece in Italy last year and it was the first proper acrylic I had ever done.
I'm not a huge fan of acrylics... because it dries so quickly and I can't work fast enough... Although this piece helped me understand more how to use them.
I started having breakthrough on her face in Italy, you can see on the forehead but I just couldn't get it right on the lower face... out of frustration, I eventually just covered it up with Gesso and thought I would come back to it...

Well to be honest, I didn't have the courage to use my acrylics again.

I was looking for something last week and I came across this unfinished piece and I decided to use my NeoColors to just play on it.  I had nothing to loose - it's not like it was going anywhere in it's unfinished state.

But I'm happy to say I had real victory!  I am so in love with this piece.
She's a real reminder to me of my time #InTheStudio in Orvieto and the mini victories I had there and since.


No comments:

Post a Comment