Wednesday 15 May 2013

Practicing for an exciting new project...

Most of you who know me, know that working in my ArtJournal is really hard work for me...
I find it so incredibly intimidating... I've been even known to start from the back and move my way to the front.  Don't ask me why - it just freaks me out.

But this year when I started FacetoFaceWorkshop - I did a my first Journal piece on the first page and it was lovely.  Then I did the second and third and they've just got easier.  Sometimes I am afraid that beautiful pieces that could be framed up will get trapped in a book forever...

Hahaha I do know there are ways around that.

This is a new piece I did in my leather bound journal and I'm loving collaging so much.  It's like a puzzle.  How the pieces eventually work together.

Reason why I'm practicing is that I've been approached to be part of a  very exciting new project...

Will share more soon!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! How exciting! New project! I´m so looking forward to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEeeckkk - I will email you shortly my Friend!

      Delete
    2. Oh please DO! :)

      Delete
  2. i do love this so much - really would love to learn this skill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you see this in person you will see that this is very much in line with what you do and the way you work in your journals... I think you would be amazing at this. <3

      Delete
  3. Oooh she's beautiful! I love the blue. Art journals intimidate me, too. I'm practicing just playing in one now, but it's surprisingly hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Beth. It is hard - I think it's that fear of failure... cos if you duff it then it's stuck in the book too. I know for me I want each spread to look amazing... but I guess it's to free yourself from they hey!

      Delete
  4. oh its one of my faves and i had u on my google reader but thats been axed so i signed up via email so i can keep following u my friend, your work has inspired me so much..
    hugz bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that is so sweet - thank you Bev. I'm so thrilled that we can inspire each other from all over the world! How precious is our wonderful community! It has meant the world to me!

      Much love sweet Bev

      Delete