Monday 13 May 2013

#InMyStudio - just wanted to share more about this piece...

"Mother - A Gift made with Love"

I just wanted to share more about how this piece came together...

I had some tiny little offcuts and and little bits of ephemera lying on my desk.
I had a little magazine square piece with Nelson Mandela's face on it.
I picked it up and decided to just test how the NeoColors work on magazine print.
I feel a bit embarrassed about making Nelson a woman but it's amazing how the NeoColors covered the whole face and I was able to make it my own.
I wish I took progress shots because I think that would have been quite something!

I decided to stick the finished piece in my LeatherBound Journal
that my hubby bought me for Christmas and what I used
for the FacetoFaceWorkshop.
I had all these bits and pieces on my desk and I started arranging them
and soon this piece was born.
I would love to say I planned it but she just came together.

"Gift" landed right on her chest and "made with love" is so clear... It's also Mother's Day -
So how perfect... "Mother - A Gift made with Love"

6 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous flowrs - i love how the most wonderful pieces create themselves hey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's true! I love it when it just flows and it seems so easy like it was just meant to be! Love it!

      Delete