Monday 3 February 2014

#InMyStudio - Artists Dates and beautiful finds...

Today I had a hour to myself.  Extramurals are in fullswing and I was waiting...
So after my early morning watching tutorial - I planned a pop in at a 2ndHand Bookstore.
I was on a mission to find some old books.
They had two bookshelves full of old collectible books.
And they were really cheap.  As I was leaving I discovered a basket full of music papers and books.
Omgoodness - I can't believe people throw these things out.
These papers and books, some were over 100 years old and only selling for $1.
Can't wait to start this weeks homework!
Although I'm not sure Kitty's going to let me paint in these beautiful treasures!
They are so beautiful and full of history and she finds that precious.
She's been trying to buy them off me all afternoon.
Beautiful tutorial! #FullCircleWorkshop


Last night I was working on fixing and finishing my portfolio.  The heavy watercolor paper and glue caused my front cover to concave a little.  I had a feeling once I prepped and worked on the inside covers that it will pull straight, and it did.  I'm thrilled to say! I feel my front cover is finished - I am so happy with my flowrs.
I painted a Modigliani on my inside cover... I still have to put some sleeves on to hold my artwork.  I will continue the dark across to the other inside back cover... but I'm not sure what I will do there... maybe I will do another Modigliani to continue the theme... and then it's just my back cover.
I am so happy to see the way this is turning out...  It's taking time but I'm thoroughly enjoying the process.

Still have a bit to tweak!

You can see how big this is... I'm in love with the size

No comments:

Post a Comment