Friday 16 January 2015

Saying farewell to the Secret Keeper...

The Secret Keeper - A guardian of Truth - goes home

People often ask me if I struggle to let go of my pieces of art and I must say I don't.
It's a joy being able to create and send them out into the world.
But saying goodbye to this painting was the first time I struggled.
She's definitely been one of my favorite paintings to date.
I think because she symbolized such a shift for me in my work.
It was the first full painting I did after returning from Italy and she just came from such a deep place.  And she came out so different... And she captivated me.

She wasn't a "good girl" or "safe" - but she was rich in wisdom and maturity.
Each time I looked at her - I realized my trip had not only impacted me deeply in my mind and heart - but also on my canvas.

I am absolutely thrilled about where she's going to live... I couldn't have asked for a better home for her... but it was a pull on the ol' heartstrings.
I had actually decided if she hadn't sold by the end of December,
she was staying home...
But she snuck out the door just before Christmas.

Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled I am able to sell pieces, gift pieces and share my art - it's a huge love for me.  I'm completely honored and exceptionally grateful!
Always grateful!!!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart that you love what I do enough to put money to it.  It's humbling and something I hold precious in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment