Saturday 31 January 2015

Wrapping up January... #1FaceADay


Still working on the sweetest little tags.
I plan to use these as gift tags to accompany letters, gifts and paintings.
I'm finding the smaller I paint... I manage to capture something different.
In myself, in the way that I paint and what I feel.
And I'm not 100% sure why... but I'm kind of enjoying it.


When I was moving my studio around I found a whole bunch of different things to work on.
Like textured wallpaper that was stashed away...
I love love love working on textured wallpaper!  Can't wait to finish this piece.
I really like her.  She needs a lot more layers.

Smallish stretch canvas - I love working on stretch canvas.
With my art studio being all over the place - I was just paying with stabilo ink pencil and titan buff.  But then I added some color - thoroughly enjoyed!
She's pretty sweet, size and all.


And a scratchboard...

I got this scratchboard when I was taking Misty's FacetoFace Workshop.

I didn't have the courage to use it on the course - so I hid it away.  That was 2 years ago.  Yikes!

But I have to say it was so enjoyable and challenging at the same time... Working in negative definitely is a gear shift and really "deep training"...  to train your mind to work the other way around.... well that and the fact that once the scratches are down - there is no going back.

You have to embrace whatever comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment