Wednesday 16 April 2014

#InMyStudio - the Sculpture continues...

I had an idea that I wanted wings to go down her back... but when I sat down to try and do it - well it was another story... And let's be honest - I don't have a clue what I'm doing...
Yip - my hands were feeling clumsy again!

Eventually I started getting a bit of momentum!
And funny enough it was working it up in layers!!  I guess like any painting... layers upon layers!
I understand that - so I started to relax into it.  It was so hot on Sunday so the clay was drying faster than I was working but I managed to finish the first wing - and I'm totally loving it.
It definitely took on it's own direction but once again, I went with it and I am loving the shape and form!
Looking forward to finishing her final wing and then I will start to decorate her!
For now - I want to keep her this raw, natural color.

4 comments:

  1. This is elegant, the wing turned out amazing and her face and tiny nose look so delicate. I have had a package of paper clay for well over a year. I REALLY should get it out today. You have inspired me. Can't wait to see her in finished form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think you should. It is rather fun to play with... I so badly want to finish her today. thank you for the encouragements.

      Delete