Monday 21 January 2013

I'm running up that Hill...


Endomondo Running Workout:
was out running 9.23 km in 1h:07m:30s using Endomondo
in my sweet little Suburb

So today I pushed myself out of my comfort zones and joined a new running group about 2 minutes from my house.  I have been wanting to get more miles in and try be more consistent with my running this year.  In order for this to happen, it has to be easy to execute.  There is currently lots of change happening this month, new schedules and new routines which in turn means a new running and gym regime for me.

My stomach was in a complete knot on the way to meet everyone at 5.30 this morning.  I was so stressed that I would be too slow for the group and that I wouldn't be able to keep up.  Which left me tossing and turning all morning from 2am.  But I have to say the group was stunning and my running abilities were fine.  Fear has been delaying me joining the group since early December but I am delighted to have pushed through and have tried something new...

Bring on Wednesday and Friday where I will be trying new routes, harder... partly road and partly trail running... excited!

2 comments:

  1. you are so right - it has to fit in with your new lifestyle! go YOU for being brave - its tough joining the unknown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my buddy - but I miss our runs most of all... We still need to set aside time for them... <3

    ReplyDelete