Friday 18 January 2013

#InMyStudio - Hello Little SnowFlowr


I was so inspired by my ArtJournal page and girl from the other night - that I decided to transfer her onto canvas.  Well my canvas is actually another piece of wallpaper and I loved the coloring of this piece.  I love cool undertones for skin with lots of white.  So my palette was actually my Blending White (the one in the Winston Newton range only - my fav), Paynes Grey and Crimson.  Which instantly gave her a bit of an oriental feel.  I knew I wanted to do a piece and call her SnowFlowr but it had to have the right feel and when I started this piece - I knew right away she would be SnowFlowr.


I was inspired to do this from the movie I watched the other day called Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.  It's a movie based on one of my favorite author, Lisa See.   I loved the movie and I knew right away I wanted to paint a Snow Flower inspired piece... I am thrilled with this piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment