Monday 28 January 2013

Word for 2013...


I know a lot of people are doing the word for the year thing and safe from being unoriginal, in principal I love the idea!!!

I have been so challenged to choose a single word for 2013. That will be true to me and what I value! Be prophetic and at the same time be original and authentic.

What I loved about choosing a word last year was that it made me consciously choose it on a daily basis! Choosing to be "brave" daily, eventually took me to travel to Italy by myself among other things. How does one top that!  So that being where I left off - I was not finding this year's choice particularly easy! But I have to say... the word "kindness" kept coming up for me...

One of the things that really blew me away in Italy was how incredibly kind our group was to me. During and after our trip. I am not exactly sure why. It kind of took me by surprise... But I was so blown away by it. I can't say I have often been on the receiving end of random acts of kindness. But it sure did move something deep inside of me!

I knew if this was my word for 2013 then it would be confirmed to me.

Two days later, my doorbell rang and there was a delivery for me! My friends from out of town had sent me a Nespresso machine as a gift! Today, we experienced another small gesture at Kitty's tennis training... Big or small - these gestures so touch my heart! I just can't fathom this level of kindness. Who does this kind of thing anymore... In the craziness of life and hectic schedules have we lost touch with each other and ways to really connect with kindness and grace!  I think somewhere along the way - I had lost faith... but I am being reminded that it's still here.

This has been a complete confirmation for me - that "kindness" will be my word for 2013!

Kindness on this level shifts the heart! And I just love that!! I believe it changes us from the inside out! And that's pretty powerful stuff!!! And I know I want to be more like that on a daily basis. When kindness coupled with generosity like this shows a kind of unattachment to worldly things! But a complete attachment to the heart and to people... Which will surely bring us deeper connections with each other!!

So with that in mind... I look forward to 2013 and not only finding creative ways to express random acts of kindness no matter how big or small but hopefully finding it as I consciously seek it out!

2 comments:

  1. Perfect word. So hard to choose but I think it a wise choice. Something we can all do and hopefully will receive in return. I bet meditating on this and remembering it all year will bring more kindness back to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denni. Hope so too. I know it might sound like we are never kind, but I believe we are. But I guess it is in not taking the power of that for granted. And always choosing it before life chooses you to act or react in certain ways!

      Hope you find a word too!

      Delete