Sunday 27 January 2013

What a week...

What a heavy week... Waking up at 5am everyday...

I have a completely new routine and a new training program and school extra murals are underway.  Being out the house from 5.30am 3 days a week when the girls get up for school has caused a bit of a disturbance, nevermind making lunches and tying up hair and keeping on top of daily chores.  Kitty taking the biggest strain of all because her morning cuddles are totally out of sync... something she desperately needs and has to start her day off!  I am sure we will all adjust but first week back into life as we know it and with all these additional changers - were amazing and enjoyable but also tough!!

That together with my Face2Face classroom starting which means assignments and homework and I was avoiding my studio as fear completely took hold of me.  Sometimes it's just the fear of starting, nothing more.  I did most of my tutorials during the week so it was just a matter of sitting down and getting started...

Once all my excuses were out the way - Saturday was my day... I sat quietly in my studio and I finally started my drawing exercises   I am not sure why fear has become my constant companion lately but once I got over myself the joy of working with Graphite took over... and I got into my happy place and got lost in the process.  And I loved every minute of it.



This week in every aspect, not only in the classroom but also at work, training wise, routine wise, my girls relational wise - I was pushed completely out of my comfort zones.  I am not sure it's always good to change up everything all at once but sometimes it just happens that way... trusting I will settle down quickly!!

As for this week looking ahead... I still have my 2nd assignment waiting for me in a Diary of Faces... I would like to do some charcoal pieces from week 1 from Face2Face and I would like to get to a stage where I am doing a quick drawing or sketch everyday as a form of discipline!!  I love making art everyday so if fear stays out of my way and I can stay on top of my life, this should be an amazing place to get to!



~Living in hope~

2 comments:

  1. Argh that fear is awful and so frustrating. But great job on getting in your studio anyway! Your work is lovely, as always...but it's okay if it's not sometimes, too. That's how we grow, right? That's what I have to keep telling myself, especially in Face to Face...it's okay if it's not very good, as long as I've tried! Oh but that sounds like a cop-out...gah you know what I mean, I think! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know exactly what you mean... That's what I eventually told myself. The level in the class is just incredible and it's hard not to be overwhelmed by such greatness. But in truth it is why I am here - to learn, grow and discover hey! I know you are too! Your work has been so good my friend! You have been plenty brave!!!! So encouraging! <3

      Delete