Saturday 12 January 2013

It's been such a special week...

I started my Morning Pages again at the beginning of the week... which means waking up early which is the best part of the day... it's quiet and cool and it's such a special time of the day for me.  I also got back to my regular Tuesday gym class and it was an incredible workout... I hit my post office because I was expecting a package and I just love getting packages and I was delighted to find my beautiful new print had arrived.  A beautiful piece by the very talented Joanna Rose for my collection... and I just love her!  Thanks Joanna.  This lovely print is called Window to my Heart!  How beautifully apt!


I knew it was going to be a good week when my day started off like this.  And it just got better... I am happy to say that we booked our Easter Holiday getaway.  We haven't been away for over 2 years and it was long overdue.  And of course we are going back to our favorite place in the world... Moonshine on Whiskey Creek and we will be staying in the Beautiful Butterfly Cottage.  This place is one of the most inspirational places we have ever found.  It's arty and peaceful and run by an amazing family.  The best part of this special place are the most incredible memories we have made here together as a family - it's one of the reasons we keep going back!  To make many more!  My heart is thrilled that we have this to look forward to...
www.whiskeycreek.co.za
My darlings had a sleepover with their big cousin... as we were heading out the door... my gate bell rang and I had an unexpected delivery.  A massive box and a very confused me!  Inside it I found this incredibly generous amazing gift from a very special couple!  I am so deeply touched by Random Acts of Kindness.  It really moves me deeply inside!  Thanks guys - you don't know what you did for my heart!!

Seriously can this week keep getting better :-)
I haven't painted for almost 2 weeks and when I haven't painted for a bit, I always get nervous to start again.. but yesterday I had a play-date with my special running and arty buddy, Mel and we got to do some creative play in our journals - which completely inspired me to start a new painting.  Thanks Mel!  I forget how important creative play is sometimes.

My sister-in-law and brother gave me a massive Wallpaper Sample book with delicious paper inside and I felt a painting coming on...
And Beautiful Little Lily just flowed right out of my paintbrush!



It's been a good week... lots of planning for the year ahead.  Choosing my word for 2013, updating my website.  Looking at some marketing ideas etc.etc.  Too excited for my courses that start in a weeks time.

As much as I struggling with the holidays being over - there is a definite excitement in the air for the year ahead...

2 comments:

  1. A special week indeed! This post is so full of good feelings...I miss morning pages! No time, I'm afraid, if I want to get any other bits of art making in. But I know this season will be over too soon... Mmm enjoy it all, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely lady. I have to say I go through sessons with the writing. I had a bit of a break now when the vertigo made it getting up early really tough for me... but it feels like home being back! It's my place to talk to my Great Creator! <3<3<3

      Delete