Thursday 25 April 2013

#InMyStudio... The collage becomes a painting!

9" x 12" Mixed Media on 100% WaterColor Paper - "Butterfly Dreams"

I know, what a transformation... I think I shocked myself.

I loved this piece in it's original state but whenever I looked at it, I thought to myself, she isn't finished.  But how do I change it or bring it together to feel complete.
All I can say is I didn't picture this at all.
And I wish I could say I planned it to turn out like this.
This really is an #evolutionofacollage

It just kind of happened, I started on her face and just kept moving down onto her dress and so on... And this is where I ended up!

I love the little blue butterfly on a string.

I still can't believe this is crayons.
I am loving discovering new mediums!
Feel like a kid again!

4 comments:

  1. Both are so lovely, but the final version absolutely glows. Beautiful work, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so lovely. And I agree, it is so much fun to discover new mediums or techniques. Perhaps thats why I don´t get tiered of this hobby of mine. Talking about new mediums, I accidently ordered some oilsticks from Sennilier yesterday, and some rubber-brushes. Oooops! Hoping to love that, more then my cheap once any way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah - that sounds like a happy accident to me!!! Love it when those happen. Can't wait to see what you do!

      Keep sharing!

      Delete