Sunday 28 April 2013

#InMyStudio - A Serious #EvolutionOfaPainting

This was my first painting on this canvas....

This was my second painting on this canvas...
I did the Mermaid while I was on Jane Davenport's Supply Me online class...
When I started my journey of painting faces...
I haven't been happy with her for ages now! I knew I had to try fix her!


I woke up at 4am this morning with this girl on my mind... and how I was going to try fix this.
I thought if I can't rescue her face... it's time for that bonfire.
I decided to use my OilPastels because it's quick and easy to see if I
could salvage this piece once and for all.

I am so much happier with her now...
Feel quite excited because this really shows my growth!
Encouraged to keep going!


I am in love with her green eyes.
Not great lighting - but this gives you a better indication of her size.
So thrilled I was able to save her.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Jeannie, this one is amazing, though I love all 3 stages of it. Just incredible! You've got such big talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie for always encouraging and always uplifting!

      It's amazing how I outgrew each stage... but hoping this one will be the keeper.

      :-)

      Delete