Thursday 25 April 2013

#InMyStudio... #Evolutionofacollage


So today when I was housebound with no power due to maintenance they were doing in our street.  I started going through some pieces of art that still need to be framed up when I stumbled across this unfinished piece... My collaboration with Sharon Tomilson.  I can't believe I still hadn't finished this piece.

When I was in Italy last year, I asked Misty to demonstrate her wonderful backgrounds... I created this background.  Almost everyone had left Orvieto and on this specific day, it was just Sharon and myself left in the Studio.  

Sharon generously shared how to use napkins with me (the wings).  And if I'm not mistaken she pencil drew in the lady and suggest we make this piece a collaboration... Well I already loved this piece... This is how I brought it home.


When I got home... I started my part of this collaboration...  Rather than try paint in a face with my own hand, I used some ephemera pieces that Misty shared with us in Italy.  I love how her face is turned but I didn't have the courage to take this piece any further.  But I guess timing is everything...

The past 2 or 3 weeks I have been playing and discovering new mediums and this weekend past, I really played and experimented with my NeoColors... the success I had with my OilPastels gave me a better insight how to use this new little sticks of delightful color.


So today, I thought "what the hell - I'm going to just go for it and if I completely ruin it completely, then I ruin it!"  I grabbed my NeoColors and just started playing with it and it just started coming together.  I think the NeoColor crayon colors were just perfect for the colors that I had used in this background!

9" x 12" Mixed Media on 100% WaterColor paper
She's pretty special to me... I've decided to call her Sharon

9 comments:

  1. Such a great result. Not ruined at all! How fun with a pice with several artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another one planned with Annie Hamman... isn't that exciting! Maybe we should also do one Camilla... just for fun!

      Delete
    2. That would be exiting to see too. And a simmilar between you and I would be nervous but fun. I´d love that.

      Delete
  2. She is fabulous! A piece to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! just amazing! Cant wait to see irl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend - can't wait to do some of these with you! I want to practice my backgrounds more...

      me thinks you should get yourself a set of NeoColors.

      Delete
  4. Lovely story and the combi art of three artists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie... love that it represents community so much!

      Delete