Thursday 18 April 2013

#InMyStudio... More playing with my Oil Sticks

I had some old paintings lying around... some I thought were finished and others I knew weren't but wasn't sure what to do with them or if I had a desire to move forward with them...
I was starting to think, it's almost time for a bonfire.


Although Emily Moon always had a nice feel about her - she was just so flat.
What a difference... I love her much more now...  
My hubby thinks she's the best I've ever done.  I can live with that!


This is my interpretation of CHEN from a Diary of Faces...
I loved her face before and the sincerity in her eyes but I only did one layer of paint and she wasn't finished.  She is so much more finished now and has such a renaissance painting feel to her... which I just adore!


This is my self portrait assignment I did when I came back from Italy.
I did like this piece... except now looking back at this piece it too has been lacking depth and shape... and again was completely "flat".

It's the main thing I have been concentrating on lately,
on how to give my faces more depth and perspective...

When I look back at some of these pieces... it's like I am afraid to really put down thick paint.  Misty's loosening up exercise is changing me... me thinks!

Wow - I have found it hard to move between mediums and but this discovery has been such a delightful surprise for me!  It is loose, easy, fun and delightfully messy.
And leaves each piece with an incredibly rich creamy feel!

1 comment:

  1. I love your work so much - it is always beautiful and now even more so!

    ReplyDelete