Sunday 7 April 2013

#InMyStudio.... well... while on holiday!

When we arrived on holiday - it rained for a good few days... which was perfect for me...  I had to be careful not to be selfish and just paint all this precious time away!

I don't often get so much time to paint... hours after hours, days after days... although I make every effort to make sure I'm always creating even a little bit each day... this time was such a spoil!

A Chorus of Angels (helped named by Betty Wilkins)
10"x14" OilPainting on Canvas Board
 I didn't intend it to be angels but it kind of just ended up that way.
I have just been enjoying doing multiple faces and that's what this piece was all about.
That and my hubby encouraged me to use a very limited palette...
So I used Blue, Venetian Red and White.

I wanted this to be a loose easy painting.  It started off messy and darn right ugly and I was freaking out a bit but I eventually found my way.  

Beautiful Butterfly - 10"x14" OilPainting
on Canvas Board
After all the tiny multiple faces I have painted lately, I was desperate to do a nice full face.
I called her "Beautiful Butterfly" after our little cottage where we were on holiday.
I had to name one of my pieces after this place.
I so enjoyed this piece, with her full mouth, neck and eyes.

I started this piece off with my allmarks Black Stabilo pencil and water - a first for me.
Followed by White/Buff, Payne's grey, Brown and Flesh Tint.

This is still a #wip as I only managed to do one layer of paint here... 
I would like to add more depth to this piece... I will keep you posted.

Dream Catching - 10"x14" Oil Painting
Mixed Media on Canvas Board
 This was such a joy to do... I played with my limited Ephermia holiday supplies and just stuck down, pulled off and prepped with Gesso... I had some wet paint left from my Beautiful Butterfly piece so just used a similar palette and adding some Pathalo Blue and Yellow.

I am loving the looseness of this background.
Again my hubby challenged me to do something a little different, looser and with texture.
Regardless of anything else - I had so much fun with her...

This holiday the "Dream Catcher" just kept grabbing me.  It kept coming up.
  I was looking for a holiday necklace and I found the sweetest Dream Catcher one.
Although I don't by into the symbolism of what it represents...
I just completely fell in love with the words... "Dream... Catching"
I love the idea that we catch hold of our dreams and we run with them.

So this dream catcher on the top left wasn't planned.
The Ephermia I used had a circle on it and my original piece,
it looked like a random eye up there...
A few days later - I got the idea of turning it into a dream catcher...
As a result I found a name for this piece.
And I absolutely love this sweet piece!!!



 These are two postcards I left for Josie and Bella!!!
I am so enjoying doing postcard size paintings and sending them off as gifts...
It's such a stunning concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment