Saturday 15 June 2013

#InMyStudio - My version of my collage #Collaborative piece


On the LEFT is the piece I sent Annie Hamman and the one on the RIGHT is my version of the same/similar piece.  It's not exact, of course, finding the exact same ephemera is almost impossible.  But I think I came pretty close.... that in line with the fact that I'm not great at replicating my own pieces!

So it's rather busy and it's totally distracting me and sending me a bit in to sensory overload but I am trusting I can calm my version down some.  I thought I might start with gesso and also the background.  I'm dying to do their sweet little faces.  I've been testing a new way of doing my faces, using my Stabilo as a base and continuing with Payne's grey and white and a hint of red on the cheeks and lips.  I've used this on another piece and I'm totally in love with it!  And then I will face the collage dresses and how I will incorporate that into this piece.  I used the chickens in the background, because I was mostly brought up on farms and they are are so playful in this piece.  I used napkins for the chicks - so I will still have to spend some time painting those.  Feeling excited that my piece has started and I can start playing with it!

After two weeks in bed and absolutely no studio time... this was a great place to get my artistic mojo back up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment