Saturday 29 June 2013

Up the Mountain and down again...

So the past 2 weekends have found us spending time on our beautiful mountain.  The one that I see every day because it's just always in view.  We basically live 2 minutes away from it.  I see it when I step outside my back door, I see it from Corks sport-fields and Kitty's playground.  I see it from the office.  And if I lie back in the bath tub - I have a view of her too.   No matter which way you turn... she's there in all her majesty and I am completely in love with her!

So to get to spend some time exploring new routes is always amazing!

My hubby is heading to Canada in 6 weeks time to see his sister who we haven't seen for 4 or 5 years now, that together with a little planned climbing trip with his brother-in-law.  So his climbing and hiking training has begun and what better way than training with us.  I love walking and I love walking with my family!  I value the quality and undistracted time!  I value the stories that seem to fall right out of their hearts!  And I value the extra bonus of keeping fit and getting outdoors during winter.

We are pretty much planning a new route every weekend!  This weekend our dear friends, asked to join us and it was a delightful morning out with them!  Special memories for sure!





What a beautiful way to stay connect as a family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment