Monday 24 June 2013

#InMyStudio - Starting new and not finishing Olds...

I've been naughty again...

I keep starting new pieces and projects without finishing old ones... as you know it's something I have to work really hard at not doing.  I've had such a heavy month, all of which kept me out of my studio.  I hate having long gaps without painting, as I loose my rhythm and mojo and because it takes such courage to find my way back there.

So I started by tinkering around and tidying my studio... 
That's always a great place to start.


I decided to work on my #Collaborative piece, my version of what I sent Annie Hamman.

I decided to use my Acrylics on this piece.  I haven't had the courage to use them since Italy.

 But figured it was time to face my fears!
I don't know what I'm doing or where this might go...
but for now there are no rules, just fun!
I have no expectations and no plans...
It's still pretty messy but just going with it!
Sometimes that's the best way to paint... out of my comfort zones!

My sweet friend from Sweden sent me this to work on... 
She was so inspired that Annie and I did some work together,
that she was keen for us to try do some pieces together.
After she sent it, Camilla asked me to just destroy it as she wasn't happy with it.
So I waited for it to arrive but felt I just couldn't destroy it.
I knew I could still work with her.
I gesso'ed over some aspects of her sweet face but kept to Camilla's original style
and shape keeping true to her and true to mine.
Well I actually love her!
I decided to continue practicing with my acrylics and
started with monochromatic and now I have started adding some colors...
I will see where this piece goes too...
Trying to finish her because Camilla has sent me a new one too!


It was so cold on Friday and being cold, makes me so mizzy!
So I just decided to draw and mess about on my lap.
So I decided to just play with me neo's and use a reference, which I haven't done for ages.
Just messing about - nothing serious!


So to date, I now have 6 unfinished pieces... can you see my old habits at play!
So this week will be about working on existing pieces
and not allowing myself to start any new projects.

I have also in turn sent Camilla 2 pieces of unfinished art to finish.
But luckily right now for me, they aren't my concern!
Will share more soon!

4 comments:

  1. Say what?! You did what? Send me two? Oh my god! No pressure here then?? Need to get my copy of the second pice ready soon then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now that I've done this one, haven't you sent me a new one? Then I will have 2 - yes!

      Delete
    2. Well I told you to distroy this one ;) Didn´t mean for you to do two because I changed my mind. But no worries. It will be fun.

      Delete
    3. oooo no ways - I'm counting this sweet lady as one!!! Well hope you love the ones I sent you!
      Big Hugs
      Jm

      Delete