Sunday 2 June 2013

#InMyStudio - Collaborative work - my send off to Annie


I know what you are thinking...
That my collaborative piece is completely different to what Annie sent me.
And it is.  And I completely love that!
Our own unique ideas... for each other to work with!

Annie has always showed me how much she loves my collage work so I thought I would send her a collage piece.  I didn't do much in the line of painting because I use oils and I didn't want to limited Annie.  I am dying to see what she does with this piece!

It was hard for me to send this piece off to Annie - because my girls fell in love with it and were begging me not to send it away.  I also fell in love with it!
And the Ephemera that I used has literally come from all over the world...
Texas, Italy, Virginia, Nebraska and Cape Town.
I hope that this piece will become a special and beautiful piece for Annie, as hers did to me!

So unlike Annie - I am not good at making replica's but we wanted to do the same sort of thing for ourselves to keep, to see what direction we moved in (sep from each other).
So I wasn't able to do exactly the same piece for myself - but I did something similar.
I still need to collage my own... and that I will try and do as closely as possible to the one above!  I already added some tiny chicks that were sent to me on a napkin.
I've been dying to do chicken for ages.
Looking forward to finishing my interpretation of this piece.




6 comments:

  1. Love your story, thank you so much! I will try my best to do justice to this magnificent artwork you sent me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait to see what you guys do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful collaborative work with two incredible artists!!!
    Looking forward to see each piece finish ;-) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ArtLover - Keep watching this space... my piece is finished and looking forward to seeing Annie's finished!

      Delete