Tuesday 11 June 2013

The Hoarse Whisperer!

Wowser - It's been tough going!!! Action packed, full and demanding time lately!

After 5 weeks of being in lock down mode for my girl's exams and another stressful week waiting for the results.  We are all feeling a little swiped.  That together with birthdays, projects, helping build school concert sets and making play costumes. Out of town cycling stage races... and the list goes on.  Not to mention being busy with work demands... it's tax filing season!  Need I say more!

Being around very sick people for most of May, with this hectic schedule and really foul weather -  has left me in bed with quite a bad lung infection.  I've been in bed for 10 days and still feeling rather low that I'm not up and at it already!!!!  That together with the fact that for 10 days I haven't had a voice!

My family have started calling me the Hoarse Whisperer... I guess the upside of having no voice and whispering is that everyone quietly whispers back to you - makes for a very gentle quiet home!

But my family members are missing me and quite frankly I'm missing myself.  But most of all I'm missing my studio.  I haven't painted in two weeks.

This week - I have been more up and about but going back to bed in the afternoons and sleeping for a few hours before the evening run!  Which I guess is helping!  So I'm forcing myself to rest... today I decided not to waste my time in bed, so I sat watching some tutorials by Sharon Tomilson... I learnt some new things today and it's got me really excited about venturing back into my studio... Thanks Sharon! Can't wait to get back!

Here's hoping that I will be much much better by the end of this week!

3 comments:

  1. Get well get well my friend. I am thrilled that you had time to enjoy my Morning Art videos. I need to start doing that again. I enjoyed the sharing. Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome... you certainly cheered me up! Love hearing your voice! And just love watching you create! I'm going to do some pieces together with your video's and see what comes... nice way to get myself back into sync with my brushes. Sending loves!

      Delete
  2. Glad you finding your way back to full steam again! Will be good to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete