Sunday 30 June 2013

#InMyStudio - AnEvolution of a Collaborative Art Piece


Over the past year, I've become friends with a lovely Swedish Artist, Camilla.  After my #collaborative pieces with Sharon Tomilson and Annie Hamman, we spoke about doing a piece together.  And on Monday, I received this sweet piece from Camilla.  I was blown away and felt nervous about it too.

I love the idea of collaborative pieces, it keeps you on your toes, ever challenged and working on difference pieces.

Not only that but it certainly makes for interesting stories, of sending and receiving art from all around the world!!!

I loved what Camilla sent me and decided to continue experimenting with my acrylics on this piece.


So I started playing with my charcoal and a monochromatic palette
and started to try bring her to life....

I wasn't sure how to move forward and was feeling rather unhappy with her hair.


Before I went to bed, I added some color and I took my charcoal and added
some squiggles to help her hair find movement.


This is where I have ended tonight... 
I am loving her hair and dress!
She's rather sweet... I am thinking about adding some
mixed media down the side...
More to follow.

Thanks Camilla - loving her so far!

10 comments:

  1. I am loving her... there is just something so serene about her... she is incredibly sweet...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! That really means so much! <3

      Delete
  2. So happy to see this part of yours! Love her and love what you are doing. My part is now up in my blogg http://wp.me/p3gaez-7o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. going straight there now... Can't wait to read about it!

      Delete
  3. This is wonderful and so interesting to see how each of you take her further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Victoria! It's been a wonderful journey, for sure!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful collaboration!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy - it's been a fun way to do art!

      Delete
  5. You've made her your own while letting Camilla shine through. . . not at all sure how you accomplished that, but I love the result so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sweet Betty - she was sweet to do!

      Delete