Thursday 27 June 2013

#InMyStudio - A Year Long Project!

Not sure if you remember when when I got back from Italy last year - I decorated my dining room wall with beautifully framed up pieces of art from Italy, from fellow artists and some of my own.

I love this wall and whenever anyone comes into my home - they always comment on it!  It's beautiful and interesting!

Well I've been working hard at putting together another 2 more collections... 1 in my Studio of all the wonderful postcards I've received over the past couple of months from artists from all over the world (Canada, Sweden, Texas, Virgin, Brisbane, Sydney, Cape Town, Johannesburg, France and more - which I'm just mad about).




They are almost all framed up...  I'm thrilled to say that I found some more wonderful frames this afternoon... So my hubby has a task this weekend to help me get them up.  I'll arrange them and he will have to hang them.  They look incredible framed up!  It's amazing how a frame can just finish off a piece completely!  I will share some pics this weekend.

And the 2nd collection which will probably be in our bedroom will be of all the pieces of art and prints I've been collecting throughout the past year, since Italy!  Putting the collections together takes months..  To find the right frames and mix and match my sets.  This has literally been a year long project.  I also have to pace myself because not only buying art and prints has it's price, but framing them up too can be a costly affair.



I am waiting for one more original painting to arrive, I ordered an Original Painting from Misty Mawn, which was a real splurge... (you know... for my year long celebration of turning 40!!!) to add to my collection and as soon as she arrives, I can start to finalize this set of pictures.  I can't wait to share some images as soon as I can.  Again this collection will include a few of my own pieces because my girls won't let me have it any other way!  Feel so blessed to have some of these incredible pieces of art!

2 comments: