Saturday 15 June 2013

#InMyStudio - Revisiting my first piece...

Wow - what a difference...
Her face was too round and squashed, neck too thin and small to carry her round head,
eyes too animated and mouth too pinched... nose undefined.  The list goes on.
But what I love about looking back like this - is being able to see growth!
And to me that's HUGE!

Sooo I was sorting out my studio this morning and I came across this piece.  This was the very first piece I did on Misty's Open Studio Workshop.  I was stressing big time when I did this piece about a year ago!  Because I knew I had to figure out how to use these Acrylics before I got to Italy!  And this was my very first attempt at my #monochromatic homework.

How I felt about it????  Well let's put it this way - she's been hiding for the past year!  I almost threw her out this morning but then had a change of heart - I thought I would just mess about on her with my NeoColors.  If I still wasn't happy then I would definitely bin her!

But I'm thrilled to say - I really love the new modified her!  I think she will look amazing framed up!  So I guess I may just have to keep her!   There is a serenity in her face which I just love.  I love the colors too!


6 comments:

  1. I can see that your style became more pronounced and defined. Love the transformation, what a beautiful artwork, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is amazing after her makeover! LOVE your work - you are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle! You are too! <3

      Delete
  3. Loved seeing the before and after here. I really like them both actually but the reworked version is somehow very compelling. I LOVE those feathers and the tribal feel.

    ReplyDelete