Monday 10 March 2014

#InMyStudio - all day and all night!


I didn't want to delay!  I had 3 faces to finish on my big canvas!  So I got cracking!
They went well and I'm so chuffed to say I had finished everything I had set out to achieve this week,
with this painting...  I guess I should have stopped there.
I decided to just cover my wings before I packed up - I original thought I would leave them blankish.
But they took an unexpected turn and I can't say I'm sorry.
I started with the wings on the right!
And when the wing appeared, it totally took my breath away!!
I dont always trust myself - so I took picture after picture to make sure.
I see more things through my camera lens than I do with my naked eye.

I asked Corks to take another picture like this for
me, to best see the progress from my other shot!

I spent the whole day and night #InMyStudio
I am a little broken this morning... my hand is still and tight and crampy and my back,
well let's put it this way, sitting on the floor for most of the day and night - isn't the wisest thing I've done.
My tight hips and aching back kept me up most of the night and a headache... all that concentrating!
I lay in bed in the early hours of the morning on a hot beanbag trying to loosen the muscles in my back,
berating myself - "to toughen up"... the Great Masters painted on scaffolding on their backs and in cramped places all day and night until their commissions were finished!
I have such a far way to go!

2 comments:

  1. this painting is turning out to be your masterpiece so far. i love to see photos of you painting. i can tell how much you love it and how your paintings just take you away into that beautiful imaginary world of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so right my friend... it really is my happy place! Thank you for your words of encouragement along the way! I can't tell you how I value them. Sending lots of love <3

      Delete