Saturday 15 March 2014

#InMyStudio - Blessed is the Teamaker...

Not sure if you remember this one!
I got stuck in the ugly stage so I decided to hide it away!
I found my "The Teamaker" painting that I abandoned a while back.
I wasn't enjoying the color or the hardness of the faces and I had been using the back of the canvas board as a picture board.
I cleared it off and decided to just play with it to see if I could save it.


I left it here on Saturday night... I was feeling a bit happier with it and the flow of it, minus the one face...
But they still felt so depressing and gloomy to me.  Once again my beautiful neo's came to the rescue!  I wasn't sure it was going to work, but once again, I had nothing to loose especially because the bin was seriously calling this piece home!


 Just illuminating the skin with beautiful color made me instantly happy and the glow around them - changed the whole feeling of this piece... Started to feel hopeful for this piece, at last!

Loving this capture... I feel like joining her for tea!
This is the full piece, finished.  Well finished for now.
I think I might still need to tweak some things here and there.
When I think of where this piece started, to this finished piece - it doesn't even look remotely the same.  And I have to say I'm thrilled about that!  So she is no longer going home to the bin!  There is a soft dreaminess to this piece and I'm just loving the gentle blue so much!  It's my fav color at the moment... my "go-to" color - 
and I now know why - it def makes me happy!

2 comments:

  1. I honestly LOVE your work...just love it. So very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ophelia - that really means so much to me!!! <3

      Delete