Wednesday 26 March 2014

Beautiful things...

We are virtually through the first quarter of this year and it's been a crazy start to the year.
We have been so hectic on all fronts.  Not only that but it appears winter is making a very early appearance - which is never easy for me.  We are already having our first rains.  And it's way too early!
Our fire wood supply arrived today!

This week has been such a good week and I can't tell you how welcome that feels.
Nothing like goodness to warm the heart on chilly days -  here's some news...

Going to a work function this week
This week has been filled with lovely letters, messages of encouragement and conversations with beautiful people from all over the world - I can't tell you how much I love that!  And I can't tell you how it lifts my spirits.  This week too, I had the honor of selling two of my paintings - which I will be shipping today!
I'm always blown away when I sell a piece of art, I'm always surprised and I know it's something I will never take for granted!!  It's honestly such a gift to me!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

We received other good news this week but I will share more about that in another post.
Last night we went out to celebrate as a family because there just seemed so much to be grateful for.
With school exams and assessments being over, all our high school apps being in,
big art pracs being submitted and a very busy work schedule!

I'm reminded, every now and again, that hard work and long hours in the trenches does pay off,
even if it's in small increments.

Scared spaces
I've been slowly working through painting some items around my little home white,
 as I'm very definitely going through a white phase.
My painter comes back this weekend to finish some other pieces for me... seriously can't wait!
My little personal space has made me so happy!
The two pictures there are my Misty and Betty original works!
Makes me happy to see them everyday!

The Sunflowrs are all finished this side...

Last weekend I made a serious dent in my #bigcanvas.  I only have 4 Sunflowrs left to finish and I'm hoping I will be done by the end of this week.  I really learnt so much with this painting... painting big, all the faces and those sunflowrs - wow!  I also tried something new with this piece... I used a palette.  I don't usually use a palette and normally work straight from the tube because acrylics dry so quickly!  So stoked with the outcome.  Will share the finished piece soon.



My friend Sharon Tomilson gifted me with a place on her Diary of Faces part 2.

I sent her some treats from the Irma Stern museum and it was her thank you gift to me.  WOW I didn't expect this - again I'm just so blown away by this kind of generosity.  This was going to be my next sign up.  I can't wait to head there.  I am a huge fan of everything Sharon does.  Check out her blog - she's working on an incredible (mighty) project called 100 faces and as usual, I'm totally in awe.
Today I received our first correspondence from Bill and Kristi and they sent us this gorgeous picture to remind us of that beautiful place and our beautiful time doing wondrous things - let the dreaming continue!

2 comments: