Tuesday 21 October 2014

#InMyStudio - Having fun...

I have decided to join in with the 100faces challenge that was original started by Sharon Tomilson - her project that she finished was truly remarkable and her pieces ranged from big to small... (faces as small as coins).  For me, this will be a warm up for next year January - a few of us from Italy will be doing 365 faces next year (ideally 1 a day).  So I have until the end of the year to finish all 100.  Sweet Renee started this challenge when she got back from Italy and has started a revolution of 100faces again... I'm sure Sharon will love it.  I've decided to use teabags as my canvas of choice - they are perfectly 2"x2" and I will keep them loose for now and closer to the end I will decide how to assemble them - but I'm thinking it might make a pretty interesting piece - 100 teabags altogether.  I've also decided not to get too precious or attached to my image but keep the exercise light, quick, fun and easy... let's see how I go.

#1 of 100

I am starting to feel the freedom that has come with most of my work work up to date - it has already given me many more stolen moments #InMyStudio and that makes me one happy girl!  As a result - I'm having the best fun in there because I am not bogged down with guilt = more creative play!


Last night I had a small old canvas prepped and ready and managed to do this Jane Austen inspired piece.  I had a reference - which I will have to tell you looks nothing like this - but it was the root of my inspiration!  It was good to practice with a reference!

Not sure where we are going yet - but my underpainting is down over my textured background... and I seriously can't wait to get to her and see where she takes me.


Seriously I think we are finally finished... I know I've said that already.  And if I've done her once I've done her 100times.  I lost my way (again) this morning and I had to gesso her face out and start over... that being said - I'm loving her new look much more.

As for me - I have a few busy days ahead of me... so not much studio time install for the next few days... but my love tank is full for now!!

2 comments:

  1. you are complete inspiration, friend! i am so tempted to join you with 100 faces - it seems daunting but what an amazing challenge, focus, practice, and project once finished! if i can work a way to keep it loose, i just may talk myself into joining up with you. such beautiful work you are creating, brava!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I think you should def talk yourself into this - we are having so much fun with it!!!! Come play! Thank you for your beautiful words!!! And I hope we can journey together through 100 faces. Hugs

      Delete