Friday 31 October 2014

#InMyStudio - I did something a little crazy... but loving it!

Remember this... 

Well it's been hanging in my room since I finished it and I haven't been sure what to do with it... Someone said they had a gallery that they wanted me to put it in - but I just didn't feel this piece or I was ready for that.  The sheer size of this piece made it impressive and kind of take your breath away.... but everyday I looked at it, I knew deep down inside, that I would still change it more.

Yet the prospect of that felt so ginormous and I wasn't sure I had the capacity to take that on yet again... Plus I knew my girls might get mad with me.... I usually get moaned at when I do that but those SunflowrAngels had been beckoning me for the past few weeks... needing change.  I started throwing it out there that I was considering a makeover... and after Digz had left for his adventure race and the girls were quietly doing homework - I snuck it to my studio and she got a healthy dose of beautiful gesso!


Trying not to panic...

But I have to say when she appeared - I knew we were going to be okay because she was 1000 times better than my first version - out of all the girls she was the one that just didn't feel right.  But I'm thrilled to bits with her.  Now she might be my fav by far...


Now you can see what I mean....

Covering that blue background took all night...


We still have a ways to go... but once again we will journey together and I'm excited... way more excited than the first time.  I've completely fallen in love with this makeover and I can't wait to finish this piece once and for all.

Oh and I am loving the more subdued tones and loving their dresses way more....   

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jeanne Marie, i am in awe at your bravery and process! Looks amazing, i love seeing the before and after, like something matured in between, something bigger, gentler, braver... Love it, well done my friend! xxxx

    ReplyDelete