Monday 4 January 2016

Madre della Città


I did this painting last year because I've been trying to teach myself how to paint building.
Not realistically - just to help add interest and a story to my pieces.

I wasn't particularly thrilled with the buildings piece, as a whole but definitely aspects of it.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it... when I got back from leave I decided to add this lady to the piece.  I'm sooooo in love with where we are heading together.  I have managed to hang onto the aspects of the buildings I was loving... I definitely want to do more pieces like these.

Sometimes I forget how wonderful it is to do backgrounds first and how they become part of the painting instead of trying to find something creative to fill the backgrounds with.

I called her Mother of the City but decided to look up how to say that in Italian - after all it's Italian inspired buildings.... "Madre della Città".

No comments:

Post a Comment