Saturday 20 February 2016

Creative play time...

I got to do this again this week and at first we started off pretty grumpy with each other.
Dale, my teacher had so smooth out my clay a few times and eventually - we found our way.
I guess I was way more uptight than I realised and it was good to have this therapy time.
I obviously needed it.  Always good to get lost here.


After class on Thursday, Dale said she needed token students for her Studio Open Day.
And I promptly volunteered Kitty and myself, my friend and her daughter did the same.
So the two of us had some creative play together.

It was such a treat to create with this beautiful girl of mine.
It's usually Corks and I who create together so when I get to chance to do this with Kitty, I grab it with both hands.  And she was beautiful and created the most beautiful clay plate.  I started her off with a small plate as I didn't want to overwhelm her.  And she's already asking when she can come back.
Luckily I had booked her into a class in April, a while back already.
Her completed plate, with the sun in the middle.  I'm so proud of her.


My new finished platter.
Kitty asked me to put an Elli in the middle because it's so part of my childhood history and it's my most favourite animal of all.  I loved having her part of my creative process this time.
This platter was a little different because I had an audience for the better part of the day.
I am glad to say I wasn't completely overwhelmed.

I seriously can't wait for these to come home in beautiful colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment